Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I Finance and Register a New Tesla on My Wife's Account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question sounds (and is) dumb but here's the issue. Want to replace my wife's leased Model Y with a purchased M3P. We ordered the M3P on her account, in order to get lease-end benefits of reduced wear / tear costs and skipping last payment. The issue is that I want the car financed and registered in my name. Trying to fill out purchase steps in the app, the registration options don't seem to let me exclude her and I assume the financing step will be similar. No one from Tesla will return our calls, because Tesla. Anyone able to tell me if this is possible? Thanks!

Question sounds (and is) dumb but here's the issue. Want to replace my wife's leased Model Y with a purchased M3P. We ordered the M3P on her account, in order to get lease-end benefits of reduced wear / tear costs and skipping last payment. The issue is that I want the car financed and registered in my name. Trying to fill out purchase steps in the app, the registration options don't seem to let me exclude her and I assume the financing step will be similar. No one from Tesla will return our calls, because Tesla. Anyone able to tell me if this is possible? Thanks!

It sounds like you cannot exclude the account owner from her own account.

If you want to exclude her name, don't use her account.

Upvote 0
As far as financing ; you can always show up at delivery with a check from your bank/credit union so you can do a car loan application in your name only completely separate from the Telsa account.

Reactions: Engi_Nerd
Upvote 0