Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Tesla Cars on the App from One Person to Another in the Same Household

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently got a Model Y. In order to get the referral benefits, my wife gave me her referral code and I got the car in my name even though she is going to be the main driver. Is there a way to move that car to her Tesla account/login rather than mine? Similar situation as we just ordered Model 3 Highland in her name to get the loyalty benefits but I will be the primary driver. Based on the experience with the Y, we are registering the Highland in both names but the car still is under her account/login. Any help or suggestions here would be appreciated.

We recently got a Model Y. In order to get the referral benefits, my wife gave me her referral code and I got the car in my name even though she is going to be the main driver. Is there a way to move that car to her Tesla account/login rather than mine? Similar situation as we just ordered Model 3 Highland in her name to get the loyalty benefits but I will be the primary driver. Based on the experience with the Y, we are registering the Highland in both names but the car still is under her account/login. Any help or suggestions here would be appreciated.
Share your cars with one another (add a driver from the app), then they will show up in both of your apps. To do this, click the “manage drivers” button at the bottom of the app.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Upvote 0