Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can mobile service push an update to my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car on Feb 8 and just got a single update to 2021.43.101. Mobile service is coming tomorrow to fix a couple of things. Can they push the 2022 update to my car? The heated wipers would’ve come in handy this week if I had them.

If not, how long does it take after delivery to get updates? I’ve looked it up and see a lot of mixed answers so I would prefer if someone that took delivery in the last couple of months answered.

The answers are not mixed. Its very consistent, in that there is no way to know how long it takes. Somewhere between "A couple of days" to "A couple of months", with no real rhyme or reason into why one car takes a lot longer than another.

As to your mobile service question, ask them and see. You wont get consistent answers on this either, because it depends what is staged for your car on the back end.

Reactions: RTPEV
Upvote 0
Just to set your expectations, there is no single answer to how long it takes to get an update. Some critical updates are pushed out rapidly to the whole fleet, most others roll out more slowly and it really depends on chance where your car will fall in the roll out. What's worse is that the first update seems to take the longest.

Can they push an update to your car? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, and sometimes they do this proactively anyway. But you will have to ask them.

Sorry, I don't fit the demographic of who you were looking for to answer the question, but as I said, it's never consistent anyway.

Reactions: username123
Upvote 0