Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update for service appt?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

My wife told me she read somewhere in her correspondence with Tesla that she was being pushed a software update but not to update it until mobile service came out. Has anyone heard of this?

Also I took my car to a center for the same issue this morning as it was a safety concern and they were able to fix the issue on the spot. Only took an hour. I now have a prompt on my screen to schedule a software update.

I assume that the service center would have taken care of any sort of pre service update that I first referred too?

My question to all of this context is:
Do you think it is okay for me to install the pending update now that Tesla has seen my car in person even though I still have my original mobile appointment scheduled?(was getting multiple things done, not just camera alignment. Also they would only do alignment today as the other issues are not safety concerns)

My question to all of this context is:
Do you think it is okay for me to install the pending update now that Tesla has seen my car in person even though I still have my original mobile appointment scheduled?(was getting multiple things done, not just camera alignment. Also they would only do alignment today as the other issues are not safety concerns)

No, ideally you would wait till after the appointment, since if they end up replacing the cameras or something, they will want update the software to register any new hardware they install.

There is no reason for you to do it now, and reason for you to wait, so I would suggest waiting.