Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can one put Tesla MS into deep sleep or coma to limit battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 MS85D and a Leaf 2015 SL. I use the S for long distance travel and the Leaf to go around town. With Covid-19 lockdown, I have no need to travel far so I am using the Leaf exclusively. With outside temp ranging from 20F to 40F, some days 60F since March 13th and the car parked in the garage, I am losing 4-6 miles of range just for the car to keep connected to Tesla, for battery temperature maintenance, and maybe some other housekeeping activities. With the lockdown expected for at least another month, is there a way to put the car into a deep sleep or a coma mode to suspend or minimize energy consumption? In the past 4 weeks this is 60 kWh of energy consumed to keep the car ready for use. I would wake up the car 2-3 days before any planned use for battery conditioning and software updates.

Cheers

• Love
Reactions: UnicornDriver
I am assuming you turned on the energy savings and unchecked the "always connected" box in the settings. I noticed this reduces it a bit but not a tremendous amount. You can power down the car in settings as well, but I believe it comes back on when you open and close the door. I believe Tesla purposely prevents you from doing this for battery temperature management. I also believe that management is turned off at very low states of charge (like 5%), but I don't recommend doing that.

From the owners manual :)

Attachments

• official.JPG
    official.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 122