Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can one still order a stealth model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the title. This is not something we would do till next spring but just checking possibilities. Here are the motives. Opinions welcome. We presently drive a M3 AWD.

I prefer not to have the lowered suspension or 20 inch wheels. But the increased performance and maybe the brakes would be nice. We would go with the 19 inch sport wheels.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I believe you might be able to order a performance without the performance package by contacting tesla directly... but that has come and gone so it might be gone. It also had zero discount from the performance with the performance package, so you would have to be willing to take the car with 18s and none of the other performance package stuff, but not save a penny.

At least, thats how it was previously. You have been here a while, so you know "its tesla" so it could change tomorrow, let alone next spring (lol).

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
As per the title. This is not something we would do till next spring but just checking possibilities. Here are the motives. Opinions welcome. We presently drive a M3 AWD.

I prefer not to have the lowered suspension or 20 inch wheels. But the increased performance and maybe the brakes would be nice. We would go with the 19 inch sport wheels.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I took delivery of my P3D- in August. The Tesla Advisor told me about it being available at a nearby Tesla showroom or I would have continued on with my AWD Long Range order. What I'd do is contact your Tesla Advisor (or Tesla) and request a P3D-. Perhaps mention your interest even if you have to travel a bit to pick it up.

Even if you order an AWD Long Range, you can have your Tesla Advisor actively look for a P3D- during the lead time. They can swap VINs at-will, probably up until you'd be assigned a VIN for custom order. They should be able to tell you when the time cutoff would be. You can also help with the search as you like. I imagine they go pretty quickly once they're available.

jjrandorin is correct too in that there's no discount for the P3D-, but there's less hassle if you don't want the 20" wheels and spoiler. There's a range boost from the 18" Aero wheel covers too. Mine looks mostly like an AWD LR but still has the Performance motors and track mode, along with a red underline below the 'dual motor' badge. It's a bit of a sleeper, but I love that about it.

With my original LR AWD order, I would have sprung for the 2k acceleration boost so really the difference is 6k. I would not have missed the money (eventually) but if I hadn't gone for it I would have always wondered about the unicorn I didn't pursue.

There doesn't seem to be any difference in insurance costs between the P3Dx and the LR AWD through Tesla Insurance here in California. In SoCal I pay $120 a month which is less than State Farm charged me for my 2018 LEAF S, and that's with a clean record for each.

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers