Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone explain what these charging numbers mean/translate to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so had the Model Y for about a month (love it so far). When I picked it up it was charged to 59%. I am not sure how many miles it had on it when I got it but I bought it new. It now has 541 miles.

The tripometer (both A and B) shows 535 miles with 146 kWh used as I have not reset either. That would yield 3.67 miles/kWh which is in the expected range of 3.3 to 3.8 and more towards the higher which is good obviously.

My charge stats on the app show the following kWh

Home 131
Supercharger 49
Other 18
Total 198

I have not charged anywhere else except home and SC so I am guessing the Other was charging prior to me getting the vehicle.

That doesn't seem to reconcile with the tripometer which should be 541 rather than 535 although not a bid difference. Also, If I divide 541 miles by the total of 198 kWh purchased, its 2.73 miles/kWh much lower than the tripometer and the expected..

How can the tripometer show only 146 kWh when the app shows 180 kWh of charging by me plus another 18 when I bought it?

I don’t pay much attention to what Tesla say I charged (I have other tools I prefer), so this is a swag:

I presume the 198 shown is “into the charger” not “drawn from the battery”. These can be substantially different things. Meanwhile the 146 is certainly “drawn from the battery”.

My belief: They will never match and should not