Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone help me find my Ys missing media button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20220219_203022.jpg
Very sorry if I'm missing something crushingly obvious here, but I've collected a Y today & I don't have the media centre icon, or several other icons, shown in the Y's tutorials as being on the touchscreen's bottom bar. I've done both resets & had a good root around the menus & tutorials.

Thanks

tap on the three dots and it opens all the available apps. You will find theatre or whatever music app you want there :)
Thanks magstauk for the prompt reply. There's 10 icons from the 'my apps' three dots, but no radio. The Y's tutorial shows the 'musical note' icon on the bottom bar that accesses the music centre. Any idea how I can get that on my bottom bar?

Reactions: Magstauk
Upvote 0
Thanks magstauk for the prompt reply. There's 10 icons from the 'my apps' three dots, but no radio. The Y's tutorial shows the 'musical note' icon on the bottom bar that accesses the music centre. Any idea how I can get that on my bottom bar?
Absolutely no clue whether this is relevant or not but I remember Richard Symons video from his collection saying that his radio was missing/disabled when he picked it up. Had to enable it somewhere in the settings...

Upvote 0
Thanks blert. That 12 minute video comment helped. Seems Tesla's on-screen tutorial has yet to catch up with the rearrangement of the screen's basebar.

Really missed quick access to the old screen defrost button on the base bar last night. Seems they've swapped useful buttons for having heater controls duplicated on both the left & right of the base bar, which seems a fairly pointless waste of space.

Reactions: blert and CoastalEV
Upvote 0
my radio was disabled on my 3 as well after it updated to v11. Caraoke was enabled though - go figure! Wonder if its a DAB licensing thing or something they want to avoid licensing unless you turn it on? Stupid anyway and surprisingly hard to find - have to open a different source and go to settings.

No real reason to remove sources either, they only appear when the app is maximised in the drop down list - each source is its own ‘app’ too (assume just a shortcut to that view in the media app).

Upvote 0