Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can the model 3 rear drive get a longer range battery after purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the model 3 rear drive get a longer range battery after purchase?
No, It cant (not unless you have the model 3 standard range non plus version of the car that was sold in 2019.)
If so how much more is it to upgrade to the longer range?
The price is whatever the cost is to sell your current car (at whatever loss of money that is) and buy a Long range model 3, either nw or used.

You can't upgrade battery but don't stress too much about it. The rear wheel drive Model 3 has LFP battery which can be charged daily to 100% so you get the full 260 something miles for every day drive. The LR get around 335ish?, but you are only supposed to charge to 80% daily, so you get about the same range anyway.
If the OP has a LFP model 3, thats true, but there are definitely non LFP RWD model 3s. Im not sure if this OP has an LFP one or not.

Is the Model 3 LR dual motor? I.e., Does long range come in only RWD?
I believe all current model 3 long range are dual motor (at least in the US). Tesla did make a long range RWD model 3 in 2018 and 2019 (that they sold in the US, I am not aware of what may or may not be available in other markets)

Can the model 3 rear drive get a longer range battery after purchase? If so how much more is it to upgrade to the longer range?
If it is an older model (2021 or prior) with a 55kWh NCA battery, and the battery has a warranty failure, Tesla may offer a 60kWh LFP battery (plus new suspension parts to handle the greater weight) as a warranty replacement: LFP batteries offered for warranty replacements