Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you limit app access for 2nd driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have 2 MYLRs in this household, each owned by different people with their own Tesla accounts, but each of the other granted access to the other car.

I can confirm that the differences between the owner's and grantee's app access isn't very much.

The owner can manage drivers both on the main app menu and under "Security", the grantee has neither option.

The owner has a "Specs & Warranty" button, the grantee does not.

The owner has access to "Charge Stats" and electricity cost rate settings, the grantee does not.

The owner can make "Software Upgrades" (Accel Boost, EAP, FSD) purchases in "Upgrades", the grantee can't.

I was told by the SA during pickup that if your second driver creates their own Tesla account, and you grant them access to the Tesla, they will have reduced access in the Tesla App. I did not try this myself, but may be an option.

This is how my wife and I have our teslas setup, and there really isnt any limit to anything anymore that I am aware of. Like @GtiMart says, perhaps they cant order acceleration boost or something, but thats about it.

All the stuff that the OP posted about (vehicle location, music controls) is available to anyone who has the app). Specifically for music controls, there is a setting somewhere to turn that off in the app, but that means no one has access to music controls in the app (it doesnt mean only the second driver doesnt, it means no one does).

edit: I didnt notice @DtEW 's post, who covered this very well.