Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you prevent Tesla shifting into neutral when driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, new owner of a 2015 Tesla Model S here, in Australia.

On drive one, corner one, I nearly had an accident when I accidently shifted the car into neutral when trying to indicate. All the other cars I've owned in my life have had indicator stalk on right hand side. Including my second car, which is still drive.

I'm getting used to indicating with my left hand but still occasionally hit neutral when cornering, especially after I have just driven my other car.

Is there anyway I can stop the car from shifting to neutral when its driving? Or do j just need to get used to it?

Ps i am loving the car but would pay big money to shift the indicator stalk to the right! Its a big adjustment!

I drove a RHD rental car in barbados for a few days, when I was back home I was getting my wipers and turn signals reversed. I think Tesla is the first car I've owned with a gear stalk on the steering column. Throwback for me to my childhood with big sedans, front bench seats, and no airbags.