Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you reccomend electrician in NoVa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find an Electrician

Most Tesla drivers choose to charge their Tesla vehicles at home overnight. To charge at home, Tesla recommends installing a Wall Connector near your parking space. Alternatively, a 240 volt outlet can be used for home charging with the included Mobile Connector.

Each electrician listed below has been trained to install Tesla charging equipment and adhere to strict quality, permitting, and inspection requirements. For quality control and service purposes, these independent electricians may provide Tesla with information regarding you and the installation once it has been completed. If you have questions, or there are no recommended electricians in your area, please contact us.

If you’d like to learn more about charging options, please see the Home Charging support page.

Please input your location into the search bar:

near

Can anyone reccomend a good electrician to install my wall charger? I ordered my Tesla a couple of weeks ago and am getting the garage ready for it. May I ask how much this cost?

too many variables impact price. But the tax rebate is limited to $1000... so under that would be the goal. Mine was more than that, but I installed two 100 AMP HPWC's in my garage and had a long run for the main circuit panel (over 50 feet).

Check this link out -- Home Charging Installation you only need a 60 AMP circuit for a model 3 to max out the charge rate at ~ 44 MPH.

Last edited:
Thank you Xenoilphobe! So, we get a $1000 rebate from whom? Is this a rebate in theory, or did you actually get the money back? Can I claim the $500 wall charger in the rebate or just the electrical work? Thanks for that heads up. I thought I would be paying in full out of pocket for that.

No problem! Double check with your tax guy/gal, but when I did it there was a federal tax incentive for all hardware, labor and supplies used to install the home charging station.

Also, I would recommend getting several quotes. You will love having a "gas" station at home!

Looks like it ended in 2017, but I could have sworn, I saw a bill that extended the tax credit through 2018 Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit | Internal Revenue Service

Attachments

• Tax Form 8911.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: Bamagirl68
I went with havePower about an year ago and I’m very happy with their work. Jason promptly answered my emails and questions. There were no surprises in the billing as it matched the quote for permit, labor, and materials. The workers showed up on time and we’re very professional in installing my Tesla wall charger with ease. Just be careful some other vendors quote does not include a permit check by your county if needed.