Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the influx of good news I decided to have a look at the source code as well. There was nothing yesterday but this morning my date changed from 18-30 Sept to 22-28 sept. Source code included a VIN under the "profile section". MF442 as well... looks like the first delivery wave up north. (Montreal)

Reactions: 3jst1
VIN in the source code this morning in my account! EDD Sept 13-19 looks like it should hold. MF442XXX. Delivery to YYC.

Ordered March 4. MSLR MSM/Black 21

As an aside: Cancelled FSD. Realistically, it could be a year or more until something available in Canada where FSD offers something more substantial than auto-lane change over Autopilot. Once it's prime time, will use FSD subscription for road trips and enjoy yoking the car around myself the rest of the time! Good luck everyone. It's starting to happen....
Is FSD subscription even available in Canada yet? Any ETA on that?

Is there anyone in Canada with a Plaid order that got a VIN?

I’m wondering as it seems all VINs are for LRs. If it is indeed the case, would that mean the Plaid is missing a certification of some sort? Why would Tesla push LR orders in Canada especially for an eoq push? A train full of Plaids makes more sense than a train full of LRs.

Another point, a contact at Tesla Canada was sure I was gonna get the car in August. Then sure about September. And now sure it’s October. So maybe she knows nothing and just goes by the EDD, or they expected all certifications from Transport Canada and something took more time than anticipated. It would explain why Tesla would send LRs instead of Plaid in Canada for eoq.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Is there anyone in Canada with a Plaid order that got a VIN?

I’m wondering as it seems all VINs are for LRs. If it is indeed the case, would that mean the Plaid is missing a certification of some sort? Why would Tesla push LR orders in Canada especially for an eoq push? A train full of Plaids makes more sense than a train full of LRs.

Another point, a contact at Tesla Canada was sure I was gonna get the car in August. Then sure about September. And now sure it’s October. So maybe she knows nothing and just goes by the EDD, or they expected all certifications from Transport Canada and something took more time than anticipated. It would explain why Tesla would send LRs instead of Plaid in Canada for eoq.
Currently no Plaid VIN assigned as far as i know based on our whatsapp group. EDD shows September delivery tho.

Still think the carbon fibre was the reason that we see LR earlier then Plaid as they probably just recently started producing those and they would not hit Canada prior EOQ3.
This is just my assumption.

Currently no Plaid VIN assigned as far as i know based on our whatsapp group. EDD shows September delivery tho.

Still think the carbon fibre was the reason that we see LR earlier then Plaid as they probably just recently started producing those and they would not hit Canada prior EOQ3.
This is just my assumption.
Good point on the cf. It would explain the LR deliveries instead of Plaid’s.

Reactions: Aleks0404