Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea! The new closest Petro Canada fast charger to me, in Les Cèdres Quebec!

According to the Petro Can website, the whole network is currently free...

EV Fast Charge car charging stations

Passed by the Petro-Canada in Les Cèdres Quebec. Was a bit of a pain to get there as I was on east bound 20 hwy and did not expect to see the overpass completely removed thus removing easy access. Slight detour and found my way there only to find out both FAST DC charger stations were not operational.

• Informative
Reactions: SammichLover
Passed by the Petro-Canada in Les Cèdres Quebec. Was a bit of a pain to get there as I was on east bound 20 hwy and did not expect to see the overpass completely removed thus removing easy access. Slight detour and found my way there only to find out both FAST DC charger stations were not operational.
Do they have plans for a website to check ahead on status (in use, out of service, etc)?

PetroCanada says they are installing CHAdeMO/CCS at a station in north-central Nanaimo BC (at Terminal Ave north and Princess).

There has been a lot of digging going on at that station for the lady few days. I wonder whether that is what is going on.

The station is within 3-4 kilometres of the BC Ferries Departure Bay terminal.

Petro-Canada is testing their DCFCs in Les Cèdres on September 13th in the afternoon. For those interested in testing the charger, contact Petro via PlugShare.
83A1402A-322A-4488-8916-22AC398F09AE.png

Reactions: Threader
Has anyone received one of the latest batches of CHAdeMO adapters yet? Just curious if anyone that has ordered after the September 5th restocking has reported problems with latching or if we can count that problem crossed off the list now. Mine arrives the middle of next week, will report asap.

Petro-Canada is testing their DCFCs in Les Cèdres on September 13th in the afternoon. For those interested in testing the charger, contact Petro via PlugShare.View attachment 453429
Showed up today mid afternoon. No one was there charging. Both duel stations were operational and free to use. I went there with my SR+ at 40% SOC. I was getting 45 kW and Charging station was reporting 48 kW. Took about 20 minutes to get to my cutoff of 85% SOC. Had plenty of time to get some redbulls and bathroom break before heading north to cottage country.

Reactions: Vawlkus and Tz00
Petro-Canada has CHAdeMO 100 kW capable system but it also showed up with my SR+ charging

hit up against the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter limit with 50 kW at 72% SOC. Soon as it hit 75% SOC it started ramping slowly down from there. I never saw 50 kW with the the 50 kW Circuit-Electric chargers. SO go for Petro-Canada!

I got a chance to test out the new Petro-Canada chargers out at Aldersyde this afternoon with my Model 3. When I arrived to test them out it was fenced off and a crew was installing stickers to one of the stations. One of the workers moved the fencing to allow me to test on the other station.

The experience was like any other Level 3 station. I liked the UI experience that Petro-Canada has implemented. Very clear and intuitive. I topped out at 50kW, which is the limit of the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter. The station is capable of up to 250kW according to the worker I spoke to. They are opening 6 charging stations in Alberta for now, and he told me charging would be free for 2 years.

IMG_blxt5g.jpg