Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regina Petro Canada chargers are looking very close to being done. Pavement is done, signage is up, and they appear to have power.

Attachments

• 587834792.jpg
    587834792.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 83
As I mentioned up thread, I had to watch my charging session so someone didn’t mess with the adapter/cable and seriously get electrocuted. Pull out a 120V power cord from an outlet and you’ll get a blue spark. That’s only 1800 Watts AC... DCFC uses 50,000 Watts DC which will arc to the closest ground, which is you holding the adapter/cable.

Emailed Tesla Saturday night, they replied Sunday morning first thing. Tesla will immediately reship a new one and emailed me prepaid shipping label for the defective one. Got home OK and just dropped it off at FedEx and the reship should be processed 3-5 days (since the email).
Got a replacement adapter from Tesla and tried it out. No joy as it has the same problem, “gun lock problem”. Here’s a quick video of the problem:

Got a replacement adapter from Tesla and tried it out. No joy as it has the same problem, “gun lock problem”. Here’s a quick video of the problem:
that might explain why they pulled them to out of stock. I got mine a week before they sent out Firmware 24.4 and I have used it successfully on a Circuit Electric CHAdeMO. Should I feel lucky or worried that when I will really need it this autumn to travel around the Province of Quebec it will do this error and leave e\me stranded?

that might explain why they pulled them to out of stock. I got mine a week before they sent out Firmware 24.4 and I have used it successfully on a Circuit Electric CHAdeMO. Should I feel lucky or worried that when I will really need it this autumn to travel around the Province of Quebec it will do this error and leave e\me stranded?
I ordered mine on July 28. I’ve used it a half-dozen times without any connection problems.

I ordered mine on July 28. I’ve used it a half-dozen times without any connection problems.
I purchased mine on July 10th and used it already at 10 different charging stations from Flo, Circuit Electrique and the new Petro Canada network across Ontario and Quebec. Each time successfully.

The rationale for the backorder that Japan is sucking up all the stocks makes more sense to me.

I tested my chademo again just to make sure I don't have that problem. Everything works ok. Chatted with one of the worker at BC Hydro and said they've been busy installing these DCFC in the BC interior.

Attachments

• chademo2.jpg
    chademo2.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 63
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 62
Received a reply from Tesla and they confirm that they received a bad batch. They are correcting the issue but it’ll be 6-8 weeks before they receive replacements. They asked if I want to wait or get a full refund. I chose the refund since I’m done my vacation for this year. I’ll just buy it later but I’ll definitely test it beforehand.
Hi Kaoru,
I tested my adapter today, I had the same issue (
).
Maybe this adapter is one of the bad batch. I just sent one email to Tesla, I hope they will refund or send me a fixed version.

Thanks.
Arden

Reactions: kaoru
You guys have no idea how huge these chargers are for us in Saskatchewan!
I visited this summer. I have an inkling. ;)

Congrats on these and those SC under construction.

Depending on other things, I might come up for Christmas now. If not this year then next. I’d rather this year, to get my first truly cold weather travel in before my warranty expires.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts