Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancel my custom built MX for an inventory MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 100D MX is schedule for delivery on 9/26/18. However, I just found an inventory 100D MX with better options than mine for the same price ($3000 discount). Is it too late to have my advisor switch my deposit to purchase this inventory one instead? Will they charge a fee to do this? Any input is appreciated.

My 100D MX is schedule for delivery on 9/26/18. However, I just found an inventory 100D MX with better options than mine for the same price ($3000 discount). Is it too late to have my advisor switch my deposit to purchase this inventory one instead? Will they charge a fee to do this? Any input is appreciated.

Yah I would ...reading all these recent X delivery quality issues u are better off with inventory ;)

be careful. my friend went to pick up model x(inventory) today and that car ran 950miles.
one of the manager said the car was loaned to somebody. unfortunately, he didnt pick up the car even see it. i dont recommend to buy an inventory car

Buy it. Don't worry about it being an inventory car. They will fix anything it needs if it needs anything. Do yourself a favor. Send an email to your advisor asking him to confirm that Tesla will apply your deposit or refund it later so as you don't lose anything. I am sure he will confirm. Nice to have it in writing if the need was to arise. Right?

Reactions: JQS3 and Ormond
Hi All, I encountered the same issue - I found an almost identical inventory vehicle for several thousand dollars less. I spoke to my advisor today. I’m schedule for 9/30 delivery.

He said that if I wanted to swap he could transfer the deposit and there would be no fee. However, I would definitely lose the free supercharging and the paperwork may not be completed by Sunday. The supercharging was a deal breaker for, I’m keeping the car I ordered