Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot find wall charger wifi

qiji405

Jul 19, 2020
Chicago
Hi,
I just have someone installed the new gen 3 wall charger. However, I only got 6A after plug into my Model Y.
I am following below instructions to connect my phone to the wall connector in order to set the amperage of it, however I cannot find the wall connector in wifi list at all. If I scan the QR code from the quickstart guide, I will get a unable to join wall-connector wifi error pop up.

"Wall Connector hosts a Wi-Fi network for easy configuration of breaker size, Wi-Fi connectivity, and power sharing. This Wi-Fi network is broadcast for five minutes after the Wall Connector is energized and can be re-enabled for an additional five minutes by holding the button on the handle of the charging cable."

Could anyone advise how to handle it?

Thx

Stakis

Apr 2, 2018
Toronto
You have to hold the button on your charging handle for 5 seconds. The wall leds will flash green. This will enable SSID broadcast for 5 minutes.

qiji405

Jul 19, 2020
Chicago
Thanks for the reply. However I did try that, even with switch the breaker on and off. I called the Tesla and they will mail me a new one.

qiji405

Jul 19, 2020
Chicago
Here is the update: Tesla sent me a return label, ask me to send the defective one back, then in one week they sent me a new one and it just working fine.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC