Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Capturing video from the front camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just witnessed a hit and run and I'd like to see if there's any way the footage can be obtained from my car. I don't know the victim or the perpetrator, but it was a pretty s****y thing to witness and I'd like to help someone out if I can.

As of now it is not possible unless you crashed your car. Even then it would just be 4 black and white pictures. Tesla is working on it but the camera's are not really designed for great quality video. The Blackvue aftermarket camera seems to be the choice and there are several threads on that.

As of now it is not possible unless you crashed your car. Even then it would just be 4 black and white pictures. Tesla is working on it but the camera's are not really designed for great quality video. The Blackvue aftermarket camera seems to be the choice and there are several threads on that.

That's unfortunate, but seeing what I saw today has inspired me to finally pull the trigger on buying the blackvue...I'd be infuriated if someone hit and run my car right in front of me and I couldn't accurately report them.

Reactions: MattMatt
I have seen footage from Teslas before. Perhaps you mean "On the Model 3, it is *currently* not possible". If we had WiFi you should be able to watch the traffic and wait for images to come across. I really wanna capture ALL the traffic from my car when they release WiFi for the Model 3

-Randy