Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car alarm sounding when i open door at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
Started happening a few months ago with an update. Driver door presents when i go near and open it alarm sounds. Any ideas why?

Also has auto park stopped working, it never finds a spot anymore.

2017 S mcu1

Happened to me today.

Relevant Vehicle & Settings
  1. 2017 S 75 with Intrusion Alarm
  2. Upgraded to MCU2
  3. Set to not lock at home
  4. Set to not enable Sentry at home
Situation
  1. Car unlocked in garage
  2. Pushed handle to present
  3. Opened driver door
  4. Set off alarm
Happened to me to but only after summoning. SC told me it was a bug related to summoning and "not lock at home" and would be fixed in future update.. But you are not using summon?

Mine did this a couple days ago, the handle presented and when I opened it the alarm went off. Today I opened the rear hatch with the fob and the alarm went off while I was loading items into the back. It also started playing loud music which i didnt know it did lol.

No one is mentioning their firmware version, which is relevant in this case. Mine was having the same issue with sentry / alarm triggering when I opened the rear hatch while car was unlocked in my garage. This behavior seems to have been fixed 2 releases ago... I'm on 2021.4.12 now and have no issues.

No one is mentioning their firmware version, which is relevant in this case. Mine was having the same issue with sentry / alarm triggering when I opened the rear hatch while car was unlocked in my garage. This behavior seems to have been fixed 2 releases ago... I'm on 2021.4.12 now and have no issues.
yeah i realized this after I posted. I am on 2021.4.12 and the hatch alarm was today after i was on that version. The door presenting alarm may have been on an older version as i just got 4.12 over the weekend.

My MX 19 ver. 4.12 just did this tonight, I was charging at a supercharger, when I went to open the door from inside the driver seat the alarm went off, pressing my key fob or trying to activate my pin on the screen by pressing the break would not appear nor assist with alarm going off. I have no idea how it stopped but it did after what seemed like a full 30 sec cycle of the alarm. Then when I arrived back home in the garage, which i dont have sentry mode off at home set, I opened the door to get out and the alarm went off again. But oddly as I stayed in the car to figure it out, I was able to engage the car from Park to Drive and all the other gears, so the car knew I was inside, was active to drive and knew the key fob was present. Yet the car alarm would not disable. This is beyond annoying and concerning too. I have not read any fixers yet.

I’ve made it a habit to always reboot after an update. It shakes out a lot of residual demons. :)
I did it this morning and no more issues, I also connected w/tesla service center for other issues but brought this up and rep confirmed version updates do not reboot the MCU. Also suggested to log the time and date and connect with service center to diagnose the issue. thanks for the help.

Today I had mobile service come out. during the test drive diagnosis the screen went black again. This was perfect because the mobile tech made a note of it. He said he was going to schedule another update. Not sure what will happen since im already on 4.12 but he agreed that if the car was in FSD or AP, it would be dangerous for the drive if they were overly confident while in that mode and didnt maintain complete awareness. lets be real though, most owners are overly confident without reason to be otherwise after so long without issues.

Started happening a few months ago with an update. Driver door presents when i go near and open it alarm sounds. Any ideas why?

Also has auto park stopped working, it never finds a spot anymore.

2017 S mcu1
This just happened for the first time. I went out to plug in the car as I forgot to the night before. The car has "keep unlocked at home" enabled and the key was not inside. I opened the door to start the charging via the touchscreen and the alarm went off. It freaked me out and I'm sure my neighbors didn't want to hear the alarm at 5am in the morning! I ran back into the house to grab my phone and locked/unlocked via the Tesla app to reset.

Indeed, I had used summon to move the car forward a bit earlier in the afternoon.

So the problem still exists, I suppose?

2015 Model S sw version 10.2 (2020.48.37.8)