Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car charging every hour while plugged in today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my fully charged (80%) as of 7:37AM model 3 is starting to charge and top itself every hour or so. Is anyone else seeing this? This is new behavior for our car, anyone else seeing this? No updates in the last few days (still on .48.12.1)

upload_2018-12-31_13-47-43.png

It is in a warm garage, and it is warmer than it has been in the past. This seems to be a new behavior for the car. We have an S and a 3 in this garage, and have not seen this behavior before today. No climate control on etc, so this was a bit perplexing.

I never had that occur. Do you have keep climate on selected by any chance? I believe charging kicks in if you have 3% (or maybe less) drop from your selected charge percentage. So, if you selected 80% and it drops to something like 77% then charging would begin to top it off to 80%. I have all automated climate control turned off so that helps with my vampire drain. Typically, I may see the same message you see every other day.

When fully charged it is 246 miles of range currently. It will start charging even though it says current range 246 and finishes also at 246. This last round started charging at 12:27 PM with range 246, and completed at 2:01 still at 246... very strange. I think I'll unplug the car and see if there is a larger than normal vampire drain.

@C141medic - our S and 3 are normally the same way, once every 48+ hours or so for topping off the vampire drain.