Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Cover for Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone found a good alternative to other than what tesla is selling for 300 for an outside car cover? Sometimes leave my car parked outside for a week without driving it so would rather have it covered up during that time.

You'll probably start seeing aftermarket ones once the Model Y becomes more widely available. The car has only been out for a couple of weeks and with the pandemic, it may take longer than usual for them to be measured, designed, manufactured, and distributed.

I want to revive this thread, I just washed our MY on Monday and we're getting a lot of ash here is the San Jose, CA area -- by Thursday the car was dirty again. My wife suggested we get a car cover, there are many to choose from now that the MY has been out many months. I'd like to hear what others use before I plunk down $$ for a cover.

Most of the ones I saw protect from snow and hail, as it is extremely rare to get either in the bay area, but the ones that aren't for snow/hail look really flimsy.

Our MY is parked outside, but under a covered porch. So I'm not interested in the inside "dust" car covers, but the MY is in an area that is exposed to the elements.

I had a custom-fit heavy-duty cover for my previous car (don't remember the brand) that I used while parked at work so the car wouldn't be an oven at the end of the day. While it did the job intended, it was a PITA putting it on and taking it off. It was so bulky that, unless I spent the time carefully folding and rolling it up to go back into its storage bag, it would take up much of the trunk space.

If your intention is just to keep ash or dust off your car, does it matter if the cover isn't heavy-duty? A lighter weight cover may be easier to handle and stow. I assume your covered porch will shield your car from intense sunlight and precipitation?