Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is cover I purchased, it is a great cover for California, not sure how it would do in the snow. Farasla Waterproof Car Cover for Tesla Model Y
Thanks! That looks like a reasonable option, and is much cheaper

I would suggest that you use a windshield cover to prevent snow and ice build up. Any car cover that comes in contact with the vehicle will, over time, cause wear of the paint finish.

I hadn't considered that. I actually live in the woods underneath mature oaks and hemlocks that have caused issues with paint in the past with sap, small branches etc. Even a cover isn't going to protect the car completely, I had a large branch fall on my Boxster earlier this year which caused over $3000.00 of damage. So my plan is to build a garage some time next year.

Thanks! That looks like a reasonable option, and is much cheaper

I hadn't considered that. I actually live in the woods underneath mature oaks and hemlocks that have caused issues with paint in the past with sap, small branches etc. Even a cover isn't going to protect the car completely, I had a large branch fall on my Boxster earlier this year which caused over $3000.00 of damage. So my plan is to build a garage some time next year.
Your next problem could be rodents nesting inside the vehicle, chewing wire harnesses; you can't win.

This is cover I purchased, it is a great cover for California, not sure how it would do in the snow. Farasla Waterproof Car Cover for Tesla Model Y

They have some "interesting" photoshopping going on in their images. There are a blue and red image (which appear to be the same image that's been color-changed) where the wheels are shown in motion while the car is nearly completely covered. Pretty funny, not sure that's recommended though!

I bought the same one. The quality seems pretty good for the price and it fits tight - almost a little too tight. My Y is mainly under a carport or parked at a dusty resort I frequent so it won't see much rain. I mainly want to keep the dust and ash off of it and keep it clean longer.

I used the outdoor Tesla cover for my M3 and really like it. I’m tentatively planning to get another when I get the MY. This Farasla cover looks VERY similar to the Tesla cover. Even down to the shape of the storage bag etc..

If you have a heavy rain on this cover will it eventually get soaked?

I have the Tesla factory cover. I previously had a covercraft for my BMW which was much lighter and more compact. The Tesla cover Is quite thick and when it was wet and froze, it was almost rigid and almost impossible to fold up. I was able to get it off with no problem, but it took up the entire hatch space since it wouldn’t fit in the under deck pit (which it takes up most of when dry). It is quite tight but does a great job of protecting the car.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
I have the Tesla factory cover. I previously had a covercraft for my BMW which was much lighter and more compact. The Tesla cover Is quite thick and when it was wet and froze, it was almost rigid and almost impossible to fold up. I was able to get it off with no problem, but it took up the entire hatch space since it wouldn’t fit in the under deck pit (which it takes up most of when dry). It is quite tight but does a great job of protecting the car.

I once had to roll it up after a downpour and it wasn’t pretty. However, I don’t drive it daily and park it outside so I get great utility out of a cover and just have to be mindful of when I might plan to drive it how the weather is.