Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Outdoor Tesla Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Long-range, 5-seat, Tesla Model Y

Hi. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and, unfortunately, can’t park my Tesla in the garage, even during our very harsh winters. We’ve also had a spate of severe storms passing through our area, with one hail storm causing significant damage to the body (pending repair). Does anyone have any idea which is the best outdoor car cover for snow environments? There are many brands out there (Tesla’s own OEM outdoor car cover, carcover.ca, carcoversfactory.ca, and seal skin covers), but not a lot of objective reviews. Thanks in advance!

I know this isn't the answer you're seeking, but my lifetime experience with quality covers (Covercraft) wasn't good. Unless your car is spotlessly clean, any cover will snag dust/dirt/debris into its fibers, and create an abrasive surface rubbing against the car's paint.

As for hail resistance, we live in tornado alley. Trying to predict when hail is going to happen is impossible.

Sorry, I couldn't resist offering a differing opinion.

Upvote 0
An idea would be (if you have the space) to get a something like this (I did a quick google search so I don't even know this product).

Upvote 0
(first post)

I'm in the same situation as O.P.
Just outside of Montreal

Hopefully someone can answer these 2 questions:
1- how soft is the interior of a Tesla OEM cover, so to protect the paint?
2- does freezing rain stick to the cover?

I had a "windshield" cover for our Prius, but after freezing rains, ice would stick to it, rendering it impossible to fold and store in the car or even bring down to condo locker. A real pain ....

Thank you in advance for your replies

2023 Model Y RWD

Upvote 0