Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car died right out front service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled out of SC, stepped on pedal. Car died right in the middle of Hwy1. The warning light flashed and gear indicators went RED. This was scary to say the least. It was DEAD. called roadside assistance, yes its dead.
Rollback took it to sc.

Attachments

• 20190214_131720_Burst01.jpg
    20190214_131720_Burst01.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 107
Hang on Tonto!
Text 10am. SC says "missing Rear Aero Shield Panel causing motor harness cable allowing water and dirt into cable, Shiels and new cable $532.00. ""
""Drive unit is also bad, will be replaced under warrany""

I called service manager, explained that they took all covers under car off to look at the reason my right rear wore out 2 tires in 1 year.
If panels were missing or installed wrong they did it. She said she will investigate and get back to me.
Stay tuned.

Got new motor and $200 panel under motor. Its weird, under panel has second piece that doesn't fit or match.
They did not charge me for a cable.
They installed 18.50.6 . I tested it on 2 old super chargers and it fixed my problem with OLD chargers.
Does anyone know if my warranty is reset on my motor?

Attachments

• 20190215_170723.jpg
    20190215_170723.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: SMAlset
> Got new motor and $200 panel under motor. Its weird, under panel has second piece that doesn't fit or match. [Lasttoy]

Latch/unlatch side of charge port mechanism is exposed (unfortunately) to whatever might leak up from any gaps in the lower panels so be sure your lower panels as well as rear bumper skin are correctly mated. Especially if you drive on gravel roads. When the crud builds up enough to jam it in unlatch position you can no longer supercharge, only slow charge. So check to be sure that Service reinstalls your original panels and not those off another car.
--