Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car forgot it has FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my car last August without EAP or FSD. Then I purchased both this spring during the temporary price drop, got the update within a few days that added them to the car. Then about a week ago I noticed after an update that Summon was missing from my app. Then I checked the Autopilot settings in the car and lane change setting are gone as well. I tried navigating to a destination I knew would take me on an interstate and there's no option for Navigate on Autopilot. My car had completely forgotten it had full self driving.

I check my Tesla account online and Autopilot and FSD show up as "Post Delivery Options" with invoices showing that they were paid in full. Wrote a message on my account asking for help, a few days go by and no response. Yesterday I finally just decided to schedule service on the app and let them figure it out.

Today I got a text from mobile service saying that there was no autopilot on my invoice. I then had to email them the invoices from my Tesla account to prove that I'd purchased the options. This is bizarre to me.

Its very strange to me that mobile service couldn't see the status of my account, and I feel very lucky that my Tesla account still showed the options as being purchased. I never received an email or receipt for my purchase, so I don't know how I would have proven that I'd paid for them otherwise.

They text me to say it'd probably take 2-3 days for the engineering team to manually update the configuration, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but this whole process makes me feel a lot less comfortable buying software options from Tesla in the future.

...a lot less comfortable buying software options...

Tesla used to have lots of human but now owners are complaining that they can hardly get Service Center over the phone (voice mail is full).

That might explain the lack of receipts after a software purchase and why Mobile Service has no records of the receipts.

Automation can work but Tesla still needs human to make sure the purchasing process is smooth.

I guess, even with all the advance of the paperless system, it's still prudent to keep your records such as credit card statement...

I think as Tesla will be profitable in the future, it will start to hire more human and this problem will be prevented.