Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car front "grille" (side panels) in intersection accident, where to get fixed? [in and around Los Angeles]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice. Just got into a complete frontal accident in my 21 Model 3 :( I have a group of guys that always work on my car but they are suggesting that I send it to a certified Tesla ship for repairs. All I know is I have heard horror stories.

My body shop guys suggested "All City Collision". Has anyone in the Burbank Valley California area had anything with them and if so, do you know what came of it? Any other suggestions just in general?

Sucks.

I got into a similar accident three months after I picked up my Model 3 in 2018. T-boned a car that turned left in front of me. Back then, parts were scarce; it took almost three months to get the car back. But I’ve never had any issues, and the front of the car looks perfect still.

the car will come out perfect, but expect awhile without it while they take it apart and put it back together.

Reactions: 95gator
Cheers for the response. The damage isn't absolutely horrible and I have Tesla Insurance which might be helping me. I had 0% fault which also might help? But they need to replace the front bumper and side driver-side panel and both lights and they told me it would definitely be less than a month and most likely 3 weeks.

I hope they are right and he seemed pretty sure of it. Maybe since then they have ramped

My Wife dented the right passenger door and rocker panel when pulling into our carport.

I took it to five independent shops for an estimate and none of them would work on the car. They all referred me to the authorized Tesla body shop in the area.

$2400 dollars later the car looks perfect. The first line item on the invoice was "put car into service mode." The last item was "take car out of service mode and check all systems." BTW there were hourly charges on both lines.

Non Tesla shops don't have the equipment to put the car into and take the car out of service mode. They probably don't want to take responsibility if something happens to be Electronics while the car is in their shop. Would you weld on a Tesla without being sure the Electronics were isolated from the body?

If I were twenty years younger I would have done the repair by myself, no parts or welding required to do my repair.

Reactions: 95gator
My Wife dented the right passenger door and rocker panel when pulling into our carport.

I took it to five independent shops for an estimate and none of them would work on the car. They all referred me to the authorized Tesla body shop in the area.

$2400 dollars later the car looks perfect. The first line item on the invoice was "put car into service mode." The last item was "take car out of service mode and check all systems." BTW there were hourly charges on both lines.

Non Tesla shops don't have the equipment to put the car into and take the car out of service mode. They probably don't want to take responsibility if something happens to be Electronics while the car is in their shop. Would you weld on a Tesla without being sure the Electronics were isolated from the body?

If I were twenty years younger I would have done the repair by myself, no parts or welding required to do my repair.
What was the name of this location? I have a friend in the area looking to get a sideswipe repaired.

To follow up on this story, I went with All City Collision and they got it done in the time they said it would take (about a month) and I got a nice stipulation from my Tesla Insurance which is insanely cheap for me for the same insurance I was getting from Geico BTW.