Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i got home from a road trip at 10 percent, and my car refuses to charge. I just have it trickle charging and have 3 different mobile chargers. I tried them all and none will pull any amps into the vehicle. It goes to 1/12 max but stays at 0. Volts jump from 131v to 132v. Vehicle has 110k miles on it. Ive attached a photo of the screen in service mode. Closest service center is 150 miles away so will have to tow- just curious if anyone has had this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_7363.jpeg
    IMG_7363.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 20
i got home from a road trip at 10 percent, and my car refuses to charge. I just have it trickle charging and have 3 different mobile chargers. I tried them all and none will pull any amps into the vehicle. It goes to 1/12 max but stays at 0. Volts jump from 131v to 132v. Vehicle has 110k miles on it. Ive attached a photo of the screen in service mode. Closest service center is 150 miles away so will have to tow- just curious if anyone has had this issue?
How far to the closest Supercharger? Even if it won't charge on AC, it may well supercharge, which could allow you to avoid such a long tow. It's also probably worth trying a public AC EVSE just in case it's a problem with your circuit at home, which the 130v (should be 120v) might be a symptom of. 130v is not outrageously high, but it is higher than spec.

Last edited:
Reactions: fholbert
Upvote 0
Sorry I should’ve added more to my post, and will edit it after this.

It won’t charge on any L2 chargers, it says it has a communication error. The nearest supercharger is about 20 miles away. I will say on my last stop I had a heck of a time getting it to supercharge which has never happened before. I tried every charger and it wouldn’t charge. I happened to throw it into service mode and all of a sudden it started supercharging. Very odd

Upvote 0

Are you saying you have been charging it from 10%, but it goes down to 0% instead of going up?

Some people replaced their 12V battery, and the error “condition detected in a vehicle controller" disappeared. Others had to have a Service Center to replace other components.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Are you saying you have been charging it from 10%, but it goes down to 0% instead of going up?

Some people replaced their 12V battery, and the error “condition detected in a vehicle controller" disappeared. Others had to have a Service Center to replace other components.

Good luck!
I plugged it in at 10% when I had gotten home, went to bed, and didn’t realize that it stopped charging almost immediately after I plugged it in so when I woke up it was at like 2%, and now has since dwindled to 0 and drained my 12v in the process. The photo is actually the first time I’ve been in the car in several days, I jumped it to get into the vehicle.

Upvote 0
I plugged it in at 10% when I had gotten home, went to bed, and didn’t realize that it stopped charging almost immediately after I plugged it in so when I woke up it was at like 2%, and now has since dwindled to 0 and drained my 12v in the process. The photo is actually the first time I’ve been in the car in several days, I jumped it to get into the vehicle.

An exemplary process of elimination.

The 12V depleted, so you had to jump it to get things going.

But that doesn't mean the recent dead 12V is now excellent.

It's time to replace the 12V and see if it gets better.

Sometimes, if the 12V has been too low for a while, you have to bring the car to the Service Center to reset the system and get the main battery going. That means changing the 12V at home might not do it since both your 12V and main batteries have been low for some time.

Upvote 0