Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car transporter confuses TACC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A clip from a user on Twitter shows his M3 failing to stop while queuing in traffic behind a car transporter:

Alan Zavari on Twitter

The loading of the transporter seems to have confused the camera. You would hope the ultrasonics would detect the rear of the trailer though. The driver says he was queuing for some time behind it without a problem.

Luckily this was in slow moving traffic but a reminder that you should always be ready to take over.

It will be interesting to hear Tesla’s take on this incident.

"But, if I had intervened, this issue would have never been identified."

Uuh...really...so they are saying that they saw the car was going to hit the transporter and let it happen so Tesla can have a video of it...wtf...I will not be doing that with mine

I remember my first drive back from collecting my Model 3 at Heathrow. Each car transporter (and there were quite a few for some reason) caused great confusion to the AP visualization. It kept flipping from car to lorry to something else and back around again. I was new to everything and aren't/wasn't sure what the something else was; a bus maybe.

The car was on version 9 software. Either version 10 cured this or I haven't passed any more transporters.

• Funny
Reactions: freekie