Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash applied leather lotion to seats! Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I specifically told these jack-balls NOT to apply anything to the interior of my car. The manager was a total numbskull and said.. it will dry out eventually.

What should I use to start to remove this product from the interior of my vegan leather?

Use a good leather cleaner without the treatment or conditioner. I use Adam's leather and interior cleaner, you can choose any of the top makers that are good. I've even used Simple Green for those tough, make-up smudges. It shouldn't be too bad but be sure the detergent has no phosphates. You'll be surprised how easy it is to clean.

Why would anyone use leather cleaner on synthetic (plastic) seats?

I suggest a good, natural degreaser like Simple Green. Dilute it as directed. Less is more.
Because Adam's has specifically formulated their two cleaners to clean synthetic materials like vegan leather. Just going at it with anything without checking for phosphates or ammonia compounds could permanently mark the materials, not just the vegan leather. I like Adam's cuz there's no residue, clean wipes with no streaking and it gets dirt and oil out better than other products I've tried
Don't knock it til you try it.
A little goes a long way.

Because Adam's has specifically formulated their two cleaners to clean synthetic materials like vegan leather. Just going at it with anything without checking for phosphates or ammonia compounds could permanently mark the materials, not just the vegan leather. I like Adam's cuz there's no residue, clean wipes with no streaking and it gets dirt and oil out better than other products I've tried
Don't knock it til you try it.
A little goes a long way.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good product.

I will stick with Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner. Phosphate and ammonia free. Biodegradable. Orally non-toxic. One $15 gallon of concentrate makes 10-20 gallons of cleaner...and you can use throughout the house and garage.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good product.

I will stick with Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner. Phosphate and ammonia free. Biodegradable. Orally non-toxic. One $15 gallon of concentrate makes 10-20 gallons of cleaner...and you can use throughout the house and garage.
And I do love me some Simple Green cuz of the ability to alter it's strength and get really bad stains out gently. OP mentioned that oily leather treatment film for which all of the products mentioned here would do wonderfully. :)

Reactions: tvad
Here's another excellent use for Simple Green: dirty finger print smudges on the Model 3 headliner and visors. Spray some 20:1 Simple Green onto a clean, damp, micro fiber cloth. Gently repeatedly dab at the smudge. The smudge will slowly lift off. Stubborn smudges can be gently wiped...but don't press hard...you risk moving the dirt deeper into the crevices of the material.

Reactions: Kleenerth3