Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i'm just trying to find if anyone has any good success with any products with their Tesla seats?

I don't want to do anything that will damage the vinyl (fake leather).

So Tesla themselves use this product by Wurth:

Vehicle cleaner FI-Cleaner Art.-no. 0890120

But I rang them up and it's basically around $82 delivered for a 1L bottle (smallest they have). It's $67+15 delivery. It's their RRP pricing cause they normally do trade only.

In the past i've used Autoglym Interior Shampoo but that was for real leather seats.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering why I need a product to clean the seats.. we've got a 2 year old toddler and.. yeah... not sure what I can say there but... yeah kids :eek:

James, I use CarPro Inside. its amazing. Also get yourself a boar hair brush and some microfibres.

you dilute it down to 5:1 or the seats and plastic trims, and 10:1 for the alacantra, so its really good value.

has got coffee, lipstick, mascara, chocolate etc all out of our white seats. They look perfect after 15k km of messy kids and uber driving

you can get it from Waxit in Melbourne. I have a 10% off link if you are interested.

cheers

The Autoglym Interior Shampoo that you have already should suffice, I use it too on all my cars and even furniture in the house. It’s never caused a problem with any surface I have used it on. Just test first in an inconspicuous area.

I'm sure some of the other recommendations are fine, but I just use what the manual recommends...a non detergent soap. Castile soap works great. Smells good. Is super cheep. My seats look brand new after 2+ years and I have kids so....frequently used.

Second carpro inside for general Cleaning. 2:1 for light cleaning. I coated by "leather" with gyeon leather shield as it's made for pu leathers and real leathers. I use the gyeon interior detailer or car pro inside for general maintenance cleans. Leather coat and carpro new leather stuff both will also work and less stress when applying

Moral of the story. Repro has the new car kit. Has the rinse off wax, interior detailer, tyre shine and soap

Last edited:
I'm sure some of the other recommendations are fine, but I just use what the manual recommends...a non detergent soap. Castile soap works great. Smells good. Is super cheep. My seats look brand new after 2+ years and I have kids so....frequently used.
Hi..Which Castile Soap do you use? Is there a link to the product or store where you get it from? Thanks!