Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash mode for a 2023 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Is it possible to be outside of my model 3 and still put it in car wash mode? I saw a video on YouTube of a guy handwashing his vehicle and he mentions to put it in car wash mode first but I’m only aware of how to do that from inside the vehicle on the touchscreen. Thanks!

I’ve never felt the need to use car wash mode. I just make sure wipers snd Sentry Mode are both off. Don’t care about the other stuff.
But every time my wash mitt goes over the charging port it would open. I pushed it closed a couple of times but it feels a bit delicate (like it could break if I do that too many times) so then I switched to drying my hand on my pants, getting my phone out and closing the port with the app. Since reading about car wash mode on this forum, I do this every time first and the port stays closed through the whole manual wash and dry process.

Upvote 0
But every time my wash mitt goes over the charging port it would open. I pushed it closed a couple of times but it feels a bit delicate (like it could break if I do that too many times) so then I switched to drying my hand on my pants, getting my phone out and closing the port with the app. Since reading about car wash mode on this forum, I do this every time first and the port stays closed through the whole manual wash and dry process.
I use an automatic car wash so I don’t have to worry about the charge port opening.

Reactions: SalisburySam
Upvote 0