Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Dash Replacement: RPM vs. TSportline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello forum members,

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the matte carbon dash replacement offered by both RPM and TSportline as I'm trying to make a decision between the two vendors based on both product integrity and aesthetics. For quick reference, here are the links to both products:

RPM: https://www.rpmtesla.com/products/model-3-carbon-fiber-dashboard-self-installing-499-20-off

TSportline: https://tsportline.com/products/tesla-model-3-carbon-fiber-dash-panel

Note: I am not looking for a wrap or a glue-on panel but a complete replacement since this is for a leased vehicle and it needs to be restored prior to lease end/return.

Thanks for any thoughts or insights you may be able to share!
Esteban

It’s my understanding that the Tsportline is a cap that is glued/3M to the existing dash panel. So this probably isn’t the route you want to go.

I have the RPM full dash replacement in glossy carbon and it looks great. However, as the person above mentioned, you will need to return the core dash panel h less you are willing to purchase it outright with no core exchange.

EstebanC123 - I have the full replacement dash of Carbon Fiber glossy and it is the best dash I have ever seen out there. The custom design the its truly amazing to look at and very easy to install it.

For the price I would def send in your dash and get it done right as vinyl is not the way to go on a $60K car when you can spend a little more and get the better quality. I can send you a video if you want just DM me.

I installed the T Sportline CF dash today. Matte finish. I added 3 coats of clear matte for depth. The glare is just from camera effect:

E59B9D79-8526-414B-9627-D9A016A9A31C.jpeg

95019256-5CB0-4486-85E3-6AFD77291342.jpeg

B02C8D5B-6757-4C0A-B188-2492A8342E4E.jpeg

I installed my TSportline as well and it doesn't look good.... the cut is short on the driver's side compared to the passenger... going to contact them to see if they can send me a new one

View attachment 421353 View attachment 421352 View attachment 421354

Sorry to hear that. When I was dry fitting mine numerous times I noticed a slight gap at the front as well in the middle 2 feet of the dash in the same place yours is. I found, during dry fitting, by pulling the cap forward it closed the gap at the front. Once the VHB tapes touches the dash it’s going to stick so having 2 people, one in each seat, and making sure the the rear of the cap is tight against the wood before lowering it into place on the wood helps.
I didn’t want any wood showing so before I installed it I cut some thin 1/8” wide strips of 3M 1080 matte black and ran it all along the front edge of the wood where the wood meets the aluminum trim. I used thin strips of this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01IIA2K92/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After I installed it I thought it would have been better to only expose the rear strip of VHB tape and just pull one end of the front tape cover down far enough to grab after lowering the dash into place and then pulling the cover off the front tape.

Sorry to hear that. When I was dry fitting mine numerous times I noticed a slight gap at the front as well in the middle 2 feet of the dash in the same place yours is. I found, during dry fitting, by pulling the cap forward it closed the gap at the front. Once the VHB tapes touches the dash it’s going to stick so having 2 people, one in each seat, and making sure the the rear of the cap is tight against the wood before lowering it into place on the wood helps.
I didn’t want any wood showing so before I installed it I cut some thin 1/8” wide strips of 3M 1080 matte black and ran it all along the front edge of the wood where the wood meets the aluminum trim. I used thin strips of this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01IIA2K92/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After I installed it I thought it would have been better to only expose the rear strip of VHB tape and just pull one end of the front tape cover down far enough to grab after lowering the dash into place and then pulling the cover off the front tape.

Using the black vinyl, did yours show also?

I was considering having mine professionally wrapped in brushed metal to git rid of the reflection of the white on my drivers side mirror. Or perhaps trying to vinyl wrap it myself by removing it and then wrapping it.

The carbon won't really match the rest of my interior that I did in brushed metal.

Why not just buy the RPM CF dash that you swap out rather than stick over the wood?

In my case being in Canada shipping is really high and and with RPM I’m on the hook for high return shipping to send the original back trans order. T Sportline dropped the price $200 usd and shipping to Canada was free on their sale weekend.
Whether it’s stuck over the wood or the woods removed first they are both essentially caps. I also wanted the original Tesla CF pattern of bottom right to top left.

Using the black vinyl, did yours show also?

Barely. Mostly if you looked up underneath the front edge. The flat black vinyl was just my guarantee prior to final install that no wood would be visible at all.

In my case being in Canada shipping is really high and and with RPM I’m on the hook for high return shipping to send the original back trans order. T Sportline dropped the price $200 usd and shipping to Canada was free on their sale weekend.
Whether it’s stuck over the wood or the woods removed first they are both essentially caps. I also wanted the original Tesla CF pattern of bottom right to top left.

Barely. Mostly if you looked up underneath the front edge. The flat black vinyl was just my guarantee prior to final install that no wood would be visible at all.

Ahh yeah that sucks then re: shipping. Could you remove the wood and put the CF there?