Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with the Tesmanian vs RPM abs spoilers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning on adding a matte black spoiler for aesthetics. Both Tesmanian and RPM have similiar offerings but the Tesmanian ($69.99) is more than half the price when you consider RPM ($126) adds $60 in shipping charges. I've seen a lot of reviews online where people have struggled to get the corners to stay down on the Tesmanain. What I'm wondering is if the RPM has a better design or better adhesive for long term longevity to warrant spending more? Or if RPM is just much of the same - then no point in spending more. Thanks!

Tesmanian: Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

RPM: Model Y Performance Spoiler ABS Plastic - Variety*

Reactions: 166266
Most likely it's the exact same product, bought from the same place in China. If you can get it for cheaper, you might as well. It's just plastic. If you were talking about Carbon Fiber, then that would be a different story.

I just installed Tesmanian spoiler, it did not fit as well as the review i watched on youtube.
I installed as what ppl suggested, cleaned whiped area, used adhesive promotor pad came with the order, then measured and pressed in place, taped left for 72 hours.... then

I noticed the 2 sides are lifting, the bottom tape from the middle section came loose after a couple squeeze... I just sent an email to Tesmanian, will see what happens...

Planning on adding a matte black spoiler for aesthetics. Both Tesmanian and RPM have similiar offerings but the Tesmanian ($69.99) is more than half the price when you consider RPM ($126) adds $60 in shipping charges. I've seen a lot of reviews online where people have struggled to get the corners to stay down on the Tesmanain. What I'm wondering is if the RPM has a better design or better adhesive for long term longevity to warrant spending more? Or if RPM is just much of the same - then no point in spending more. Thanks!

Tesmanian: Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Spoiler

RPM: Model Y Performance Spoiler ABS Plastic - Variety*
Imo, You should get the real carbon fiber performance plus from RPM. It is larger and seem to fit the corner wheel.

The abs one will fade

Reactions: fredzos
I came to this thread looking for other owners opinion toward the "adding" of a spoiler to their M3's. Seems like so many people are in love with just about any accessory that's Carbon Fiber, and I'm sorry, I just don't get it. For myself, I would prefer a spoiler that is painted to match the same color of the car, although I do kind of like how a black spoiler looks on a white car.

So, can anyone be "kind" and explain to me why so many consider carbon fiber "cool looking", and if you have purchased and installed a spoiler that was painted the same color as your car, from where did you purchase it. Thanks

I came to this thread looking for other owners opinion toward the "adding" of a spoiler to their M3's. Seems like so many people are in love with just about any accessory that's Carbon Fiber, and I'm sorry, I just don't get it. For myself, I would prefer a spoiler that is painted to match the same color of the car, although I do kind of like how a black spoiler looks on a white car.

So, can anyone be "kind" and explain to me why so many consider carbon fiber "cool looking", and if you have purchased and installed a spoiler that was painted the same color as your car, from where did you purchase it. Thanks
I am with you on this one. I have NEVER like carbon fiber looking things since back in the '90s till today. I do have black spoiler on my black MYL. If memory serves me right I got mine in sale back in December of last year right before I picked up my car from one of the vendors on this site.

One: It mimics the look of the Performance model.
Two: carbon fiber has always been associated with speed. Formula 1, MotoGP, etc…
Three: carbon fiber is considered an upgrade over painted plastic/metal.
Four: a lot of people prefer the look of CF over painted plastic/metal. What’s the point of purchasing an expensive part, only to paint over it?

Thank you LBM4. Your points have been well stated and I understand now. Since I posted my question I found other comments that suggest many don't like the "painted" spoilers that match the paint color of the car, which I guess is much more typical of spoilers that come on many different cars that way from the factory. I guess that by me being older now and having enjoyed driving two Corvettes (a 95 and 04) in my past, I'm just amazed how much faster the M3 drives as it comes from the factory looking more like a family sedan than a Formula 1 racing car. To each his (or her) own I guess.

Thank you LBM4. Your points have been well stated and I understand now. Since I posted my question I found other comments that suggest many don't like the "painted" spoilers that match the paint color of the car, which I guess is much more typical of spoilers that come on many different cars that way from the factory. I guess that by me being older now and having enjoyed driving two Corvettes (a 95 and 04) in my past, I'm just amazed how much faster the M3 drives as it comes from the factory looking more like a family sedan than a Formula 1 racing car. To each his (or her) own I guess.
I bought the new body model Vette, when they came out in 2005. Was a fan it, but the rear wheels would spin way to easy. I was also the first car I ever bought with a HUD and G indicator. Until I bought my first Tesla a couple years ago, the Vette was the only car that felt space age. I def understand where you are coming from.