Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo cover not as good as expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The factory shelf is held down by magnets that are integrated into the shelf and the side rails. If you don't have the side rails because your model didn't come with them and/or the shelf then you might not be able to use a factory shelf at all.
REALLY???????? Sorry, had to throw a little bit of sarcasm in there since this whole thread is about ordering all three parts. LOL. But yes, I know, and I've ordered all three parts. Now just deciding wether to take delivery of the OEM parts (yes, all three), or keep my RPM parcel shelf.

Here is the shelf which I picked up today.

20230711_203511.jpg
20230711_203330.jpg

The factory shelf is held down by magnets that are integrated into the shelf and the side rails. If you don't have the side rails because your model didn't come with them and/or the shelf then you might not be able to use a factory shelf at all.
U never know until U get your car. Mine manufactured in Nov of 2022 (hence it's 2023 model per VIN) from Fremont .My brother's manufactured in Oct of 2022 (hence it's 2022 model per VIN), also from Fremont. Mine has the factory shelf, his does not.

To confirm, does anyone know if 1641293-00-F has since been superseded by 1641293-00-H? I tried searching the Tesla Parts catalog for "parcel shelf" and could only find entries for the original shelf 1641293-00-D and 1641293-00-H , but NOT 1641293-00-F which earlier comments in this thread reference as being the upgraded version of 1641293-00-D.

It also seems a bit weird that the "H" variant is named "MY SP, END ITEM, PARCEL SHELF" (I'm not sure what "MY SP" means) and that it says "Not For Resale" while the "D" version says "Over The Counter".

To confirm, does anyone know if 1641293-00-F has since been superseded by 1641293-00-H? I tried searching the Tesla Parts catalog for "parcel shelf" and could only find entries for the original shelf 1641293-00-D and 1641293-00-H , but NOT 1641293-00-F which earlier comments in this thread reference as being the upgraded version of 1641293-00-D.

It also seems a bit weird that the "H" variant is named "MY SP, END ITEM, PARCEL SHELF" (I'm not sure what "MY SP" means) and that it says "Not For Resale" while the "D" version says "Over The Counter".

I would call your local Tesla and ask the parts deparement to see and inquire about the part numbers in question. At the time when I gotten 1641293-00-F, I called if they were able to get it in, and they did. I also inspect it in person before I took it since I was given the option to return if it was not the correct one.

Just to check-in, @Sango2 I recently called the Tesla Service Center parts department as you suggested and asked them about the differences between 1641293-00-F, 1641293-00-G, and 1641293-00-H. The person I talked to said he wasn't sure what the exact differences were between these iterations, but that 1641293-00-H was the latest parcel shelf part version in their system. However he mentioned they only had 1641293-00-G in stock and probably wouldn't be able to order the "H" version until they'd used up the existing "G" items, I agreed to accept 1641293-00-G since I assume the differences are negligible. When I picked up the part from the service center later that day it was unlabeled, and when I got the invoice later apparently they'd sold me 1641293-00-F lol despite both the person on the phone and at the counter claiming it was the "G" version. Anyways considering I'm not sure what if any meaningful difference there is between the F, G, and H versions I'm content with 1641293-00-F since it matches the earlier photos people posted in this thread and has the extra fold which was the main reason I wanted it.

I thought it was a bit amusing that even the Tesla parts person seemed to have no idea what the difference was between the different versions, and also I'm guessing they try to sell / use the older versions before ordering the newer ones. Realistically I doubt there have been any major breakthroughs in parcel shelf technology in the last year lol, I am mildly curious what the actual difference is between the version numbers but I guess it will remain a mystery unless someone else feels compelled to dig deeper into it.