TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Carpet pulling away from driver-side footwell

Discussion in 'Model X' started by rfitterer, Jun 6, 2018.

1. rfitterer

rfitterer New Member

I am having an issue of the carpet pulling away from the driver side footwell constantly. This is next to the foot rest area. The SC said they have no way to fix it and demonstrated the same issue on another model X in the repair area. When I press my foot on top portion of the foot rest the carpet comes out of the side of the car and stays dislodged until I tuck it back in place. Has anyone seen or been able to fix this issue? It maybe possible to fix it by placing something between the carpet and the foot rest as the carpet does not rest on the floor in that area.

IMG_1863.jpg

2. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Had this issue in a Viper. They glued a strip of industrial strength velcro to fix it and it lasted for years.