Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpet Wear Near Accelerator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

T3SLAROD

May 14, 2019
SoCal
Anyone else have this issues? I know it’s a wear and tear item but I’ve never had this issue with other cars. I’m just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. It’s a 2018, I am the second owner, thanks!

Attachments

• BF796C2E-5E9C-423A-BD02-6E341A0DC7F2.jpeg
    BF796C2E-5E9C-423A-BD02-6E341A0DC7F2.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 164
Yes it's very common. Caused by the pedal being closer to that carpet surface, and the quality level of the carpet itself,
and the position of the driver's foot and pressure they apply.
I wonder if people keep their right foot up above the accelerator when using the autopilot or if they keep their right foo flat on the floor?

In my case, I often keep my right foot just above the accelerator but I use the side of the brake pedal to keep my foot more stable.
I wonder if the OP don't use the center firewall to rest his/her foot, thus explaining the carpet wear.

I wonder if people keep their right foot up above the accelerator when using the autopilot or if they keep their right foo flat on the floor?

In my case, I often keep my right foot just above the accelerator but I use the side of the brake pedal to keep my foot more stable.
I wonder if the OP don't use the center firewall to rest his/her foot, thus explaining the carpet wear.

Nope, I don’t rest my foot in that area. I rarely use AP also. It is possible my boots rub in that area though.