Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carvana offered me $65k for my 2018 Model S 75D with 74.5k miles. EAP, 21” slipstreams, premium accessory package. This can’t be real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My credit union is 3000 miles away so the buyer would have send a check and then wait for paperwork, and also cut me a check- doesn’t seem too feasible for most buyers. Every time I’ve checked online with these services, offers have been lower then what I’d want to get (not surprisingly). I’ve heard Tesla is making solid trade-in offers lately but there’s no way to check until delivery is imminent.

Btw, is it legal/possible to ‘gift’ a car to a private buyer so they don’t pay sales tax (in California)?
Not a chance.

Hey guys, I'm new here but I would love your opinion/expertise.

I placed an offer of $70,000 to a private seller for a 7-Seater 2018 Model X 100D with 68,000 miles Autopilot 2 (Enhanced). I was wondering if it's overpriced or it's a fair price. I have no clue what a Model X used to be sale for.

What do you think?

I placed an offer of $70,000 to a private seller for a 7-Seater 2018 Model X 100D with 68,000 miles Autopilot 2 (Enhanced). I was wondering if it's overpriced or it's a fair price. I have no clue what a Model X used to be sale for.

What do you think?
Might get more traction making your own thread! Also the user @FindMyElectric had been super helpful to me pricing a car in the past. Google his website site and you can see similar cars on sale from private owners and see if it’s similar to yours :)

@FindMyElectric

My offer today from carvana wasn’t great imo-$42k 2018 M3 LR awd with 27k miles and fsd. I think a private sale would be easily $10k more. The problem is a have a loan on it currently so private sale is kind of complicated.
I used a local used car dealer in the past to facilitate such transactions. Back then, if I bring them the car and the buyer, they'd happily do the paperwork, pay off the loan and cut me a check the next day for ~$1,000. The dealer did consignment cars, so knew exactly what to do, but did it for less than their usual cut since they didn't have to show or market the car.

Reactions: pipestem
89B6C785-45BC-4E0E-B7C0-165CC6516E09.png

2018 75D 48k miles. Offered 70,600.

• Informative
Reactions: El joe

What do you think?
Why would you make an offer on a car without knowing what it’s worth?