Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carwash Method?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am envious of your car wash station organizer!! I really need to clean out my garage. I have been eyeballing the various DI systems. We have soft water on our outdoor faucets, but it is still a lot of work to beat the wind and sun.

Do you do the whole wash with DI water, or just the final rinse?
The whole wash.

• Helpful
Reactions: Az_Rael
ONR & bucket filled with microfibers. Use new microfiber for each pass. Water always clean. Wife hates all the microfibers, and they are washed by themselves no fabric softener.

Finish with Optimum Instant Detail & Gloss Enhancer Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

Have PPF film on both. I know it is a debate, but I don't use the ONR Wash & Wax because it has Carnuba in it.

Everyone go wash that car today. Cars need love.:):)

Reactions: mekberg
ONR & bucket filled with microfibers. Use new microfiber for each pass. Water always clean. Wife hates all the microfibers, and they are washed by themselves no fabric softener.

Finish with Optimum Instant Detail & Gloss Enhancer Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

Have PPF film on both. I know it is a debate, but I don't use the ONR Wash & Wax because it has Carnuba in it.

Everyone go wash that car today. Cars need love.:):)
What's wrong with carnuba? I just bought the big container of Wash and Wax. What have I done?:eek:

It is recommended to not use certain types of waxes on PPF since it could damage the material over time:
Frequently Asked Questions - XPEL Technologies Corp
According to this I would think the ONR Wash and Wax would be harmless to our PPF.

"While you can wax the film, be sure the product you are using doesn’t contain Naphtha or Kerosene in concentrations over 5%, and also avoid waxes that contain dyes. For best results, we recommend using our XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant. This product has been specially formulated for use with polyurethane paint protection films to provide the maximum protection and gloss, while containing no ingredients that would cause discoloration over time. To order the film sealant please visit"

Rinseless method for me. Here in drought-plagued California, rinseless has been a godsend

ONR (Optimum No Rinse) in bucket. Several microfiber towels. Put several MF towels in bucket with ONR solution. Take one, fold it into 4ths. Wipe down one panel, then flip the towel so I get a fresh side for a second panel. Dry the two panels using a drying towel. Do two more panels, flipping the MF towel so each panel gets a fresh side of the towel. Once 4 sides of the MF towel have been used, it's done for the session. Start the 5th panel with a new MF towel. This way, no dirt ever makes it back to the wash solution bucket. No need for a

When drying, I typically spray a light mist of quick detailer. This helps to bring out the shine.
What kind of detailer? Spray?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Have taken the 3 thru the quality soft cloth wash operator we have in Highland Park, IL for 5 months now and it looks great. Need to show the out front guys how to put it in Neutral, tho. Been running my 2016 MXP90D thru the same soft cloth wash operator for over 2 years and always looks great. For quick dustings and clean up, I use a Kozak polishing cloth. Order off Amazon.

Which Highland Park car wash are you referring to please? I can't imagine these HPers having paid this much for these cars and spending their time handwashing them on weekends in 10 below. There's got to be an alternative.

Just picked up a Metropolitan Master Blaster Revolution Blower for drying operation. Amazing!
Started a thread on it...
This Blower Is A Beast!!!
I agree - it’s the best addition to my car wash routine - it’s really is amazing - literally don’t have to use a towel at all to dry the car.
It’s definitely going to help extend the life of the ceramic coating and keep it swirl free.