Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal app missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a tesla m3 mid 2018, was enjoying myself driving around until i stumbled upon a discussion on how good tidal sounds in model3
so i proceeded to try it out myself immediately, to my surprise i had no Tidal app on my apps list. so i began searching the web and found out it could just been turned off in the Sources menu, which leads us to the problem: ive got no sources menu either, im on v11.1(2023.26.9) and tidal was added in 2021
has anyone encountered this kind of issue? any solutions?
(and yes i did try 2 button reset, change language method and search icon)

Attachments

• IMG_7765.jpg
    IMG_7765.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 15
It appears that you are showing a screen to indicate that you don't have Tidal, but that's not the screen that Tidal appears on.
Click on what I think it the Spotify button, the green one with the curved lines on it. It should open a new screen that in the upper right, show Spotify. Hit that Icon and you should get a drop down for all the different sources. That's where Tidal appears, along with Bluetooth, FM Radio, Caraokee, Spotify, Streaming and others.

It appears that you are showing a screen to indicate that you don't have Tidal, but that's not the screen that Tidal appears on.
Click on what I think it the Spotify button, the green one with the curved lines on it. It should open a new screen that in the upper right, show Spotify. Hit that Icon and you should get a drop down for all the different sources. That's where Tidal appears, along with Bluetooth, FM Radio, Caraokee, Spotify, Streaming and others.
well, it seems ive got some sort of corrupted menu or something. i just went into my car and literally tried clicking everywhere, but thats all i got. spotify, radio and apple music. and i dont even have the option to hide those sources.

Attachments

• IMG_7770.jpg
    IMG_7770.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7771.jpg
    IMG_7771.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 8
I have no idea what the status is of online services in a Tesla working on a vehicle that is not in its country of orgin, and possibly not connected to a cellular network.

Unless the car you bought was originally sold by Tesla into your market, you should not expect any online services to work the way you read about them online.

Reactions: ewoodrick
well, it seems ive got some sort of corrupted menu or something. i just went into my car and literally tried clicking everywhere, but thats all i got. spotify, radio and apple music. and i dont even have the option to hide those sources.
As @jjrandorin indicates, out of region services are problematic. The services that they get in Europe are different than the ones we get in the US.