Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat cracked my windshield and roof glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car is still under warranty, Tesla generally covers stress cracks. Make sure to take plenty of pictures however to document the entire crack (take wide as well as up close pictures). Make sure to show there is no impact point. If Tesla finds an impact point, they won't cover it.
Having a very difficult time getting a clear picture...meaning one that shows the hairline crack...tried outside, inside garage, portrait, etc. Still working on that.

Too many people on this thread underestimating catskills.

1719606340900.jpeg

If your car is still under warranty, Tesla generally covers stress cracks. Make sure to take plenty of pictures however to document the entire crack (take wide as well as up close pictures). Make sure to show there is no impact point. If Tesla finds an impact point, they won't cover it.
If your cat is still under warranty, damage to the cat may be covered, depending on the circumstances, but damage to other property isn't covered.

What year is your car? The older model 3s had too much tension and things like dropping something in the car could instigate a crack. That doesn't mean the cat did it. Accountability has gone to the wayside anymore. Blaming the one that happened to be there for a factory defect, maybe? I couldn't see any video and I doubt it would be anything beyond circumstantial OP already stated that the cat was OBSESSED. That just means chances are that it was coincidence regarding the cat since it happens to always come by. I'd guess that OP was already paranoid of the cat prints before this.