Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Chademo and CCS adapters ready ahead of our trip up the California coast. Stayed in Fort Bragg and explored Avenue of the Giants yesterday and parts of Humboldt State Park. Family had a great time that I detailed more in this post.

We started yesterday at 9am with 98% battery, traveled a total of 225 miles and returned to Fort Bragg at 745pm with 10% charge. Did not use CCS nor Chademo adapters, but wish I had. We were eating at Avenue Cafe (really delicious burgers here btw) and I didn't notice the CCS/Chademo charging station next door until we left the restaurant! I was kicking myself for not seeing it earlier. I would've loved using the CCS option while we ate to top off the battery (we were at 60% at the time), and doing so would have provided more buffer getting back to Fort Bragg and I wouldn't need to stay out till 10pm Supercharging the Y last night. Oh well, Iive and learn. I checked PlugShare, Supercharger map, and ABRP before the trip but wish I paid closer attention to where CCS/Chademo location was in relation to landmarks or restaurant names. I knew it was at a Shell gas station in Miranda but after driving Teslas for five years I don't pay attention to gas stations anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Made in CA and ArtK