Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Found: Is it yours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ExV8

Yorkshireman in exile
Aug 22, 2021
Cambridgeshire
Hi All,

Bit of Xmas spirit and goodwill here - or an attempt to at least…

I SuperCharged my car yesterday on a bit of an Xmas roadtrip. When I came to use the SuperCharger I discovered someone had left theif CCS adaptor on it and driven away. I charged my car (so hung around for a while) but no-one returned to claim it.

I contacted Tesla this morning and asked if they could trace who used the charger before me and then we can arrange to get it back to them. They have taken my details and are looking into it. I’m hopeful this will be fruitful as it seemed obvious (and easy) to me. As I pointed out they should be able to find who used the SC before me and if, it’s a model S or X owner we most likely have the owner.

Now, I’m trying everything so posting on here: if you left your CCS adaptor yesterday and can tell me the SC site and the the SC number (that way I know it’s you) we can arrange a return.

If anyone knows of anyone in this predicament please pass this on.

Its quite possible the person concerned does not even realise yet that they have lost it and will not until the next time they rock up at a V3 with 5% charge left :(. It's the sort of thing I would do probably. Having read this. If I had one I think at this moment I would be in the garage engraving my phone number onto it!

Its quite possible the person concerned does not even realise yet that they have lost it and will not until the next time they rock up at a V3 with 5% charge left :(. It's the sort of thing I would do probably. Having read this. If I had one I think at this moment I would be in the garage engraving my phone number onto it!
Duct tape with permanent marker would be easier.

That’s my worry!

”Call to the other half…… you know YOU charged it last well…………. ”

Wouldn’t want to receive one of those I can tell you! That’s the reason I said to folks if you charged yesterday. CHECK!