Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS retrofit warning (solved)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the CCS retrofit yesterday at Tesla and took the car home and charged it just fine at the house, (obv AC charging is different than DC we all know this already). Today I was road tripping and got to my first charge stop (supercharger) aaaannnnddddd… nothing.

Plugged in and the blue light just turned off and the car said ready to charge. Tried all 4 stalls and nothing. Drove down the road to a charge America CCS and nothing.

Luckily I was able to get ahold of my local service center and the guy was like yeah everything looks normal on our end while remoting into the car. They were gonna pay for a tow since it was like 2 hr away and I'm obviously well outside of my warranty. But the service lead pushed me an OTA update (same version I already had) so I installed that and after like 30 min it was done and I then plugged into the supercharger and it charged like normal.

So let this be a warning if you get the CCS retrofit ask the shop to push you a software update before you leave just to make sure it's all good, and maybe test out DC fast chargeing on your way home from the shop.

I got lucky because I was in the middle of **** all nowhere NV desert but the shop was super friendly, I was able to contact them and it's a weekday. I had 26% which is just enough to run out of power anywhere because there's nothing else out here 🤦‍♂️😂