Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 adapter strain.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed the few time that I have used the ccs1 adapter - it seemed to have a quite a bit of strain on the adapter. Especially in the colder weather, trying to get the supply cord from the charge unit to the car is very cumbersome. You have to twist and crank and turn and sort of force it into the car receptacle. I thought of putting a sort of 'bumper' made out of rubber on the bottom of the adapter to take some of the strain off. Should we be concerned, or just let it go?

chademo_tripod1_medium-jpg.601509

I use a camera tripod to support my CHAdeMO adapter; I have replaced the one in the photo with a more sturdier design. I plan on doing the same thing whenever I get around to upgrading my car to be CCS compatible. I only need to figure out how to support the CCS handle (probably raise the center section and rest the bend of the CCS handle on top of a quick-release mount with a suitable cradle).

chademo_tripod1_medium-jpg.601509

I use a camera tripod to support my CHAdeMO adapter; I have replaced the one in the photo with a more sturdier design. I plan on doing the same thing whenever I get around to upgrading my car to be CCS compatible. I only need to figure out how to support the CCS handle (probably raise the center section and rest the bend of the CCS handle on top of a quick-release mount with a suitable cradle).
Great creativity I was thinking of a “stick“ of some sort you have it figured out .