Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 charger networks in remote Canada useable for Teslas with the Tesla CCS1 adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ProtonopeSJ

Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2023
Saint John NB
I'm planning to travel in Northern Ontario where there are not many EV chargers. I have a Model Y with both J1772 and CCS1 adaptors. I plan to get to Cochrane by first getting to Rouen-Noranda in Quebec and then leaping to a level 2 destination charger in Cochrane. The nearest Tesla superchargers are in North Bay Ontario. Does anyone have experience charging using Quebec's Electric Circuit chain? Are there CCS1 chargers that are known to work with the Tesla adaptor and ones known NOT to work? I appreciate that I need some kind of appropriate mechanism to pay and let's assume that is in place. Another Question for Petro Canada chargers in Espanola ON: will they work with the Tesla CCS1 adaptor? I realize there are superchargers only 10 km away - but the answer to the question has wider implications. Thanks for any help.

I have used FLO/AddEnergie/Electric Circuit chargers and found then reliable. Charge Point (only J1772 so far) also works.
Ivy worked until their new software in the last month and has not worked since.
Mind you for DCFC that is not NACS I use a CHADEMO adapter.

Upvote 0
I'm planning to travel in Northern Ontario where there are not many EV chargers. I have a Model Y with both J1772 and CCS1 adaptors. I plan to get to Cochrane by first getting to Rouen-Noranda in Quebec and then leaping to a level 2 destination charger in Cochrane. The nearest Tesla superchargers are in North Bay Ontario. Does anyone have experience charging using Quebec's Electric Circuit chain? Are there CCS1 chargers that are known to work with the Tesla adaptor and ones known NOT to work? I appreciate that I need some kind of appropriate mechanism to pay and let's assume that is in place. Another Question for Petro Canada chargers in Espanola ON: will they work with the Tesla CCS1 adaptor? I realize there are superchargers only 10 km away - but the answer to the question has wider implications. Thanks for any help.
Circuit Electrique in Quebec is pretty much as reliable as the Tesla supercharger network, and far more widespread in geographic coverage. After two years and dozens of fast charging sessions at CE, I have yet to experience any failure to charge on the first try - including the past few months with the CCS adapter. Petro Canada on the other hand, I have tried it only twice and in both cases it didn't work so I gave up entirely.

Upvote 0
Circuit Electrique in Quebec is pretty much as reliable as the Tesla supercharger network, and far more widespread in geographic coverage. After two years and dozens of fast charging sessions at CE, I have yet to experience any failure to charge on the first try - including the past few months with the CCS adapter. Petro Canada on the other hand, I have tried it only twice and in both cases it didn't work so I gave up entirely.
Last summer I drove NB-1 + TCH to PEI in a Kona. Moncton, NB Petro Canada only ones >50kW and had been broken for months. Still reported as broken apart from one Bolt driver.

Upvote 0