Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating - Advise Needed on Steps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help , advise is greatly appreciated

Might get a new MY LR towards the end of this month

I dont know if I should spend 1K towards a DIY PPF install now . Instead I was thinking of the following :-

1)Pressure Wash and Shampoo the Car . I have a 1800 PSI Ryboi Pressure Washer which I am sssume can be used safely when spraying from a 4 ft distance

2) Adams Iron Remover ( No need to Dry Car from #1 )

3) Hose Down the car to remove residue from Step # 2 and Dry the car

4)Polsh the car using a GG Random orbital Polisher.
Polish =Meguiar's M20532 Mirror Glaze Ultra Finishing Polish
Pad= Meguiar DMF5 ( will not use DMC5 as hopefully there wont be many scratches and Swirls)

5)Prep coat using Carpro Earaser and Polish Remover

6) Apply two coats of Cquartz Uk3.0. I am assuming we can apply this on the body and the black trims . I think the second coat has to be applied after 4 hours

7)Apply a coat of Gliss . Any recomemndations when Gliss can be applied after the second coat?

No intent of claying the car , I just cannot do it . It is just too miuch work. I had bought a nanoskin pad which was damged recently. Dont want to risk it with that pad. New Pad cost $40 bucks and is just not worth it.

For long term Maintaineance , pressure Wash Car and then use Car Pro Reset shampoo on a foam cannon . Use a hand mitt if necessary. Car will be garaged 95% of the times,