Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get ceramic coating only and no ppf? Are you happy with that decision?
Ceramic coating is like a 5-10 year wax. It wont protect from scratches, but will keep things more shiny and protect the factory paint from microscratches.
Unfortunately the coating itself can be scratched, so will still need to be buffed down if they get too nasty.
PPF really ignores most scratches, as long as you don't go through the self healing layer, you can apply hot water and it will mostly come back to smooth.

Ceramic coating is like a 5-10 year wax. It wont protect from scratches, but will keep things more shiny and protect the factory paint from microscratches.
Unfortunately the coating itself can be scratched, so will still need to be buffed down if they get too nasty.
PPF really ignores most scratches, as long as you don't go through the self healing layer, you can apply hot water and it will mostly come back to smooth.

Thanks Vines!

But did you opt out of ppf and use ceramic coat only?

DIY = 1/10th the cost of a vendor to do it.

Self applying ceramic coating is no different than putting on an expensive lotion. Its extremely easy and I can't imagine how anyone could mess it up with the products that are out there.

Gyeon's system is just awesome.
Agreed. I thought the process was easy. I don’t mind working a bit and saving money. Washing the car is super easy now. After washing I dry the car using my electric leaf blower and the water is gone so quick. I do have Expel PPF on the front portion of the car.

Thanks Vines!

But did you opt out of ppf and use ceramic coat only?
I opted for both, as I put tons of miles on my cars and wanted to protect from road rash somewhat. I did PPF on the front half, and ceramic coated whole whole thing. I have no garage, and clean dry working space just isn't easy for me. So I had a pro do both, and am happy I paid someone. I probably would go else where next time for my ppf/ceramic.