Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ceramic on PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it a do-it-yourself or did you have the shop do it? Any complaints about the PPF? I assume XPEL?

I had xpel on S on X I use film called STek ..the ceramic is called ceramic pro ..the shop did but after the watching them do I could have probably done myself ..normally the hard work of ceramic is prep over the paint ..but since my car already had the film ..all the prep wasn’t really needed ...no issues with ppf had on several Tesla’s and definitely worth it at least for the front half ...

Both mine and my husband’s cars have Xpel, and ceramic pro on top of it. Does clean up nicely...dirt, bugs, bird droppings, and leaves a nice shine. Happy we did it. In fact mine was done together; and after about a year my husband had his car ceramic’d seeing how nice mine would wash up. Our detailer did both of ours so not sure all that is involved in the ceramic application. You will find a number of owners here who have applied their own if that is what you are asking. From what I remember reading in posts you have to be mindful of the time it is on there before wiping down? Try a search for Ceramic and DIY. Not sure if there were threads or just posts.

Thanks. Yes, seems like an easy DIY application. But with so many products out there, not sure which one to try. Ceramic Pro seems like the preferred product for this application, but it also seems to be mostly applied by professional installers.

Anyone done this on their own? I've seen some people mention not to do it because of the self-healing properties of the film. Anyone have issues with ceramic on top of PPF?
I know I’ve come across some YouTube videos about which ones work best over ppf - I’ll see if I can find them again. I do know the ppf does definitely lose its hydrophobic properties over time based on these videos so seems to make sense to add ceramic coating: