Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMo Adapter ($425 obo)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased new from Fremont factory (paid $500 including tax). Original box and all original packaging included. Used aprox 3-4 times on an Oregon coastline road trip. Works perfectly just don't have a need for it anymore. Prefer local sale / pickup but will ship at buyers additional expense. Will accept paypal. PM me if interested.

I also use mine rarely, but man, when you need it, you really need it. So I'm going to hang on to it. Mine saved my butt a few weeks ago on the way home (220 miles) from Tesla SC after normal service, when SC only charged car to 190 miles.

I keep mine in the front and use is sparsely. There are places, even supercharger locations that have a pair of CHAdeMO charging bays. I enjoyed using one in Darien, CT that was directly adjacent to a gasoline station and McD in a rest area.

CHAdeMO comes in handy in urban areas where you will most likely not find a supercharger (except in CA). I see them often at indoor garages and of course some car dealerships which can be a mixed bag. With that said, whenever I called ahead and asked to use their L3 charger, the person answering the phone always welcomed me to come visit and charge. Sometimes, I would buy a box of donuts and leave it at their reception for their kindness.