Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Challenge accepted, enhanced summon release?

When will Enhanced Summon be Released to the masses?

• In a month (2019.20.x)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • In three months (2019.28.x)

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • In six months (2019.40.x)

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Somewhere in 2020

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • It'll roll out with FSD when that gets released

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am tempted to change my vote to #1 (in a month, 2019.20). :D

upload_2019-5-24_10-44-19.png

2019.20.1 went out more broadly and does NOT have advanced summon. :mad:

Come on now.....did you really expect it to? We are taking E(lon)ST not our generally accepted reference to time....when Elon says “I am personally testing it this weekend and it should be released in a week or so” .....the reality is as always......what year is he referring to for release...

Come on now.....did you really expect it to? We are taking E(lon)ST not our generally accepted reference to time....when Elon says “I am personally testing it this weekend and it should be released in a week or so” .....the reality is as always......what year is he referring to for release...

Elon means released to early access in a week barring no last minute delays, not released to the entire fleet.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Elon means released to early access in a week barring no last minute delays, not released to the entire fleet.
There is some speculation in the investor thread that if Summon will be released to the fleet before end of June, it would allow Tesla to recognize the revenue previously collected for AEP and even a part of FSD revenue.

So, if Tesla intends to recognize some revenue for Summon, we may see a release in a couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: boonedocks

Honestly, given that every other previous Tesla release used the week both as a date stamp AND a branch indication (i.e. all the previous early access releases were from different weeks than the public builds, all the previous feature branch releases had different weeks than non-feature releases for other hardware that didn't yet support that feature, etc.), I assumed that 2019.20.1 would have all the functionality of the other 2019.20.x releases. I'm quite baffled that it doesn't.

Then again, there's also a possibility that it DOES contain the functionality, but that it is flag-guarded, and that they will turn it on at a later date via a configuration push without shipping a new build, similar to the way NoAP went out, IIRC.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, given that every other previous Tesla release used the week both as a date stamp AND a branch indication (i.e. all the previous early access releases were from different weeks than the public builds, all the previous feature branch releases had different weeks than non-feature releases for other hardware that didn't yet support that feature, etc.), I assumed that 2019.20.1 would have all the functionality of the other 2019.20.x releases. I'm quite baffled that it doesn't.

Then again, there's also a possibility that it DOES contain the functionality, but that it is flag-guarded, and that they will turn it on at a later date via a configuration push without shipping a new build, similar to the way NoAP went out, IIRC.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@verygreen do you see that in the build?

The poll is missing some options between 2019.28 and 2019.40. We now know that Enhanced Summon won't come on 2019.28. But it will probably come before 2019.40. So the poll is probably missing the correct answer.

The poll is missing some options between 2019.28 and 2019.40. We now know that Enhanced Summon won't come on 2019.28. But it will probably come before 2019.40. So the poll is probably missing the correct answer.
I think it will be either 32 (August release) or 36 (Sept) - and if it gets further delayed, 40 (Oct) !

Though, we never got confirmation, it probably got released to EAP as some build of 28. If it didn't, then wide release won't happen in 32.

All in all, ATM, 36 is looking most likely.

Reactions: diplomat33
I would like regular Summon to work without cellular access. I tried to use it for the first time last night in a useful manner...could not connect to the car (no cellular down there...but BT should be enough I thought?).

Anyway, tried twice, separated in time. No luck. Wonder what range Enhanced Summon will have without cellular access?

:rolleyes::eek:

I would like regular Summon to work without cellular access. I tried to use it for the first time last night in a useful manner...could not connect to the car (no cellular down there...but BT should be enough I thought?).

Anyway, tried twice, separated in time. No luck. Wonder what range Enhanced Summon will have without cellular access?

:rolleyes::eek:
BT is 10 Meters (min). That's what you can rely on.